Parents and Alcohol

Where can I get support? Alcohol and You is a website that has information and a self-help section. The website has a range of online information and alcohol tools within their ‘Resources’ section.

Its main feature is the online alcohol self-help section that can let you work at your own pace with a drinks diary, unit checker and more.

For support on alcohol and drugs across Northern Ireland see:

If you think you are dependent on alcohol see your GP for a referral to the Community Addiction Team.

Are you affected by someone else’s drinking?

Support is available for family members affected by another person’s drinking or
drug taking. The person misusing alcohol or drugs does not need to be seeking help
with their drinking for you to make use of this service.


Steps to Cope: Support for 11–18 year olds affected by their parents drinking

Other useful contacts

  • 24 hr Domestic Violence helpline 0800 9171 414
    (This number will not appear on your phone bill or be disclosed via 1471)
  • Family Support

Alcohol and you

Related Articles