Vicarious Trauma - Virtual Workshop
24th May 2023
FREE to network members
£15 for Non-Members
Vicarious Trauma could be defined as the transformation within that occurs in a person because of empathetic engagement with another person’s trauma experiences. Such engagement includes contact with survivors of violence or disaster, witnessing cruelty and loss and of hearing distressing stories, day after day. This networking event looks at the various aspects of work-related trauma exposure and how we can build vicarious resilience, transformation and compassion satisfaction. With facilitation lead by Deirdre McLaughlin – Independent trainer and consultant in areas including trauma, attachment, resilience and trauma informed practice.
Who Should Attend
Anyone who wishes to deepen their experience and understanding of the Polyvagal Theory.
Benefits of Attending
- Understand common reactions to vicarious trauma.
- Engage in activities that can foster resilience and compassion.
- Gain a better understanding of vicarious trauma prevention.
- Explore and identify trauma informed approaches for organisations.
- Develop your trauma toolkit and network with like-minded individuals working towards our common goal of ‘Healing Trauma Together’.