The Sky Before the Storm
What you want to know about trauma.
This is a downloadable document available to members only.
This is a book about TRAUMA. You might find it useful if you’ve had a bad shock. Before reading it, keep in mind the following:
- Stay in control of what you read. Control is more important than knowledge.
- This means that if you feel ‘low’ or scared by what you read, it would be wise to stop for awhile. Only read when you’re calm again.
- The book is actually very ordinary. But how you read it is important. Take it slow and easy.
- Don’t be surprised if you have to read it several times. You might find it interesting, but not easy to remember.
- If it helps you, be careful about showing it to others. Don’t get all excited and rush out to make them read it. You might put them back into shock!
- If you get bothered when reading, look at the pictures. They may help calm you.
- Feel free to photocopy the text – but only if you are helping others. (The artwork is under copyright and can’t be copied. So make your own pictures!)