Action Trauma Ltd. Terms & Conditions
This document sets out the terms and conditions between Action Trauma Ltd thereafter called Action Trauma and you (the purchaser) when you purchase a ticket or register for any event or conference organised by Action Trauma. By purchasing a ticket or registering for an event or conference organised by Action Trauma or participating in a survey, you are agreeing to comply with and be bound by these terms and conditions. It is advised that you read this document carefully.
Action Trauma reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time. Any amended terms and conditions will be posted to www.actiontrauma.com.
About the Organiser
Action Trauma is a not for profit organisation with registered offices at 119 Cahard Road, Saintfield, Co.Down, BT24 7LA.
Declaration of Consent
In purchasing my ticket for Action Trauma, I hereby give my consent for Action Trauma to collect, process and use my personal data for the purposes of processing the purchase of my ticket and for any other use to which I have consented.
This information will be used for the purposes of processing ticket sales and compiling delegate lists which will be published on our websites and across any relevant online portals, websites or platforms, and circulated by email to our email database. If you do not wish your name, country where based and company name to appear please email email@example.com
- PURCHASING TICKETS
I hereby give my consent for the mandatory and voluntary data collected from me in the course of purchasing and or registering for tickets sold by Action Trauma. I further give my permission for my user account details to be stored. I acknowledge that I may provide Action Trauma a reasonable timeframe to remove my details at any time that I no longer wish them to be stored. I acknowledge and accept that my data will be used for commercial purposes in accordance with this Data Protection Policy and Declaration of Consent and will be retained and stored for this purpose. Should you wish your data to be removed you must request Action Trauma to do so in writing. Requests will be processed within a 30-day period and should be made via mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- TICKET REGISTRATION
I hereby give my consent for Action Trauma to use, for the purposes of processing complimentary or otherwise ticket registration, the mandatory data and any voluntary data I provide when registering a complimentary admission ticket.
- EVENT INFORMATION
I acknowledge that Action Trauma will not provide transport or travel expenses to or from any event or conference, unless otherwise agreed.
USE OF PERSONAL DATA FOR ADVERTISING PURPOSES
Action Trauma will not sell your name, address, e-mail address, credit card information or personal information to any third party without your permission. I hereby give my consent for Action Trauma to store the following types of data as a profile for internal purposes:
- Mandatory and voluntary data collected when purchasing tickets.
- Mandatory and voluntary data collected when registering a complimentary admission ticket as well as the date of the ticket registration.
- Voluntary disclosures when participating in online surveys.
- If I have opted-in to receive email communication about related events I give consent for Action Trauma to analyse and use the data for the purpose of targeted advertising communications to me on relevant topics and products in connection with Action Trauma or subsidiary events and promotions.
- If I have provided my mobile telephone number I consent to Action Trauma contacting me by SMS in relation to events for which I am purchasing a ticket or registering an expression of interest.
- I also give my consent for my data to be updated and supplemented with additional data.
- Accordingly, I give my consent for Action Trauma to collect data relating to me personally from public domain sources and to store these along with my personal data that are already under the control of Action Trauma (and subsidiaries). I give my consent for Action Trauma to analyse this newly collected data together with the data already under their control and to use the same for the purpose of targeted advertising communications to me on relevant topics and products in connection with trade fairs and/or exhibitors of interest.
When personal information (e.g. name, e-mail address, work address, phone numbers and other contact information) is provided through the Action Trauma website or directly to us by e-mail you give consent to Action Trauma for:
- Processing and administering your personal data to perform all necessary actions to give effect to your request or instructions
- Retaining a record of incoming and outgoing communications (e.g. email) to process your personal data as outlined in this Privacy Statement.
Action Trauma may also collect the following information about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site.
- Name and physical shipping, contact and payment addresses.
- Email address and telephone numbers
- Credit card, debit card or bank information.
- Date of birth
- Tax identification or VAT number (if applicable)
If you contact us we may keep a record of that correspondence.
Information we receive from credit reference and fraud detection agencies or other third parties we may use to verify your information. We may ask you to complete surveys for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them. Your personal preferences related to events and information that you share with us with your consent via third parties such as Facebook correspondence, testimonials, photos, blogs, writings, customer satisfaction surveys or customer service communications that you may send us.
Right of Access
You have a right to be given a copy of any of your personal data held by Action Trauma in accordance with section 4 of the Data Protection Act subject to certain exceptions. Requests for a copy of your personal data can be emailed to email@example.com or addressed to: Administration Dept, Action Trauma, 119 Cahard Road, Saintfield, Co.Down, BT24 7LA.
Right of rectification or erasure
If Action Trauma holds incorrect information about you which was originally submitted by you through this website, you have the right to have the data amended. To request your right to rectification and/or erasure please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org or addressed to: Administration Dept, Action Trauma, 119 Cahard Road, Saintfield, Co.Down, BT24 7LA. Requests should include: Your name and address and a description of the specific personal data you wish rectified.
Please note that Action Trauma is not required to rectify or erase your data where doing so would prevent you from meeting your contractual obligations to Action Trauma or where Action Trauma is required to process (including retaining) your personal data for a lawful purpose in accordance with the Data Protection Acts.
In the event of any conflict between these terms and the provisions of the Data Protection Acts, the Data Protection Acts shall prevail.
While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, Action Trauma cannot guarantee its absolute security and cannot accept any liability where the security of your Personal Information is compromised. The security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card number) on our registration or order forms, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
Changes to this Policy
Action Trauma reserves the right to modify this Data Protection Policy and Declaration of Consent at any time. Any changes will be posted on our home page and other places we deem appropriate so that you are aware of the changes. This updated version of terms and conditions for Action Trauma is applicable from July 1st 2018.
Refund and Cancellation Policy
All purchases of tickets for conferences and events (including hotel rooms if applicable) are non-refundable in their entirety. Your ticket remains the property of Action Trauma and is a personal revocable license, which may be withdrawn, and admission refused at any time.
In the unlikely event of cancellation of a conference or event the liability of Action Trauma is limited to the share of paid registration fees that remains after credit card and payment processing fees have been incurred and deducted.
It is strictly forbidden for any company, organisation or attendee to attempt to host or organise any event in conjunction with, contiguous to or purporting to be related to Action Trauma or its affiliates without the express prior permission and co-operation of Action Trauma. In the event of breach of these terms any tickets purchased by the organiser and their affiliates will be rendered null and void. Action Trauma reserves the right to take such legal action including a claim for damages as may be appropriate.
The tickets purchased (including hotel rooms if applicable) are for your own personal use or that of your business only and may not be re-sold or transferred for commercial gain under any circumstances, including but not limited to use as part of any promotion or competition (unless approved by Company Directors). Where there has been any re-sale or attempted re-sale of any tickets (or any other breach of this term), we reserve the right to cancel the relevant tickets with immediate effect.
We reserve the right to cancel any ticket purchase made by any person or body whom we reasonably believe to be associated with any ticket broker or tout.
Action Trauma reserves the right to refuse admission to any event or conference for any behaviour, which it deems unacceptable, or for breach of the terms and conditions.
Action Trauma will not be responsible for any tickets that are lost or stolen. The unauthorised use of photographic and recording equipment at events and conferences is prohibited. You consent to film and sound recording as attendees at any event or conference.
Action Trauma and its subsidiaries will not be liable for any loss, injury or damage to any person or property howsoever caused (save for death or personal injury as a result of Action Trauma negligence or for any other type of liability that cannot by law be excluded or limited.)
Action Trauma will not be liable for the granting of any VISAs that are required to attend any event or conference. In the event that an attendee’s VISA is not granted tickets will not be refunded for any event or conference.
Name changes will be facilitated free of charge up to 10 working days prior to the commencement of the event. Within 10 days of the commencement of the event the following handling charges may apply, you should contact us on : email@example.com. Any name change requests, transfers within company for tickets must be made at least 10 working days prior to the event.
EVENT CANCELLATION, POSTPONEMENT & SUBSTITUTION POLICY
Action Trauma is not responsible for any loss or damage as a result of a substitution, alteration, cancellation or postponement of an event. Action Trauma shall assume no liability whatsoever in the circumstances that an event is cancelled, rescheduled or postponed due to a fortuitous event, unforeseen occurrence or any other event that renders performance of an event impracticable, illegal or impossible. For purposes of this clause, a fortuitous event shall include, but not be limited to: war, fire, labour strike, extreme weather or other emergency as it occurs.
Please note that while speakers and topics are confirmed at the time of publishing, circumstances beyond the control of the organisers may necessitate substitutions, alterations or cancellations of the speakers and/or topics. As such, Action Trauma reserves the right to alter or modify the advertised speakers and/or topics if necessary without any liability to you whatsoever. Any substitutions or alterations will be updated on our web page as soon as possible.
Once a successful purchase transaction has been completed, tickets are delivered in electronic soft-copy via email to the email address nominated by the purchaser. For some ticket types it may be necessary to complete required information – such as attendee name – before the tickets can be issued. The ticket acts as a receipt for the transaction and can be used to redeem entry at the event listed on the ticket. A printed hard-copy ticket or an electronic soft-copy ticket detailing the reference number can be used to register at the event. GB & NI law governs these terms and conditions and any dispute are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the GB & NI Courts.
- Action Trauma shall be entitled to delegate the duties provision of its obligations under this Agreement.
- No other terms shall apply to this Agreement and these terms contain the entire agreement and understanding between us in respect of all matters which are referred to herein and supersede any prior, written or oral agreement between us relating to such matters. You confirm that in agreeing to accept these terms you have not relied on any representation that is not expressly included herein and you agree that you shall have no remedy in respect of any misrepresentation which has not become a part of these terms. However, nothing in these terms purport to exclude liability for any fraudulent statement or act.
- If any part of the terms herein shall be deemed unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable then that provision shall be deemed to be severable from these terms and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any of the remaining provisions of the terms.
You agree not to:
- Use the Website (or any part of it) for any illegal purpose and agree to use it in accordance with all relevant laws;
- Upload or transmit through the Website (i) any computer viruses, macro viruses, trojan horses, worms or similar;
- Use the Website in a manner which (i) may cause the Website to be interrupted, damaged, rendered less efficient or such designed to interfere with, interrupt or disrupt the normal operating procedures of a computer or (ii) any material which is defamatory, offensive, or of an obscene or menacing character, or that may cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; (iii) that the effectiveness or functionality of the Website is in any way impaired or (iv) violates or infringes the rights of any person, firm or company (including, but not limited to, rights of intellectual property, rights of confidentiality or rights of privacy) of the Website;
- Create or publish a hypertext link to any part of the Website or attempt any unauthorised access to any part or component;
- Copy or distribute any part of the Website in any medium without our prior written consent; and
- Alter or modify any part of the Website other than as may be reasonably necessary to use the Website for its intended use.
We reserve the right to:
- Modify or withdraw, temporarily or permanently, the Website (or any part of it) with or without notice to you.
- Change these Terms from time to time. Your continued use of the website (or any part of it) following such change shall be subject to and including the changes made to the terms from time to time.
- Monitor any activity and content associated with the Website.
Limitation of Liability
Whilst we will use reasonable endeavours to verify the accuracy of any information we place on the website, we make no warranties, whether express or implied in relation to its accuracy. The Website is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis for your information and personal use only without any representation or endorsement. Unless specified in separate terms and conditions relating to a particular product or service, we make no warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, in relation to the Website, or products or services offered on the Website whether by us or on our behalf (including free software downloads) including but not limited to, implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security, accuracy, condition or completeness, or any implied warranty arising from course of dealing or usage or trade You acknowledge that we cannot guarantee and therefore shall not be in any way responsible for the security or privacy of the Website and any information provided to or taken from the Website by you.
You agree to be fully responsible for (and fully indemnify us against) all claims, liability, damages, losses, costs and expenses, including legal fees, suffered by us and arising out of any breach of the terms by you or any other liabilities incurred by us arising out of your use of the website, or use by any other person accessing the website using your pc or internet access account.
Intellectual Property and Right to Use
You acknowledge and agree that all copyright, trademarks and all other intellectual property rights in all material or content contained within the Website shall remain at all times owned by us or our licensors. You are permitted to use this material only as expressly authorised by us. We reserve all rights not expressly granted in and to the Website and the content in the Website.