Intergenerational Trauma & Adverse Childhood Experiences
This two-day conference brings together leading international and local experts to examine in detail how patterns of addictive, anxious or depressive behaviour can pass from generation to generation. It explores how the impact of trauma can be passed from one generation to the next and considers the contribution across the spectrum, from learned behaviours through vicarious and secondary trauma to transmission at the genetic level.
Keynote speakers and programme content will explore:
- Refugees & displaced peoples; opportunities to learn from societal struggles around the world
- Developmental & Relational Trauma: An Intergenerational Perspective
- An overview of Epigenetics exploring studies from holocaust survivors, the Vietnam War and 9/11
- Suicidal ideation and NI mental health statistics through the lens of intergenerational trauma
- Breathing and the autonomic nervous system: exploring the parasympathetic benefits of breathing techniques and exercises to reduce stress and bring about homeostasis.
- Witness the positive impact of breathing exercises on survivors of the Haiti earthquake & the Civil War in Sudan
- Practical tips to counter dysregulation from an early years’ perspective
- How to develop trauma resilient practitioners, social workers and youth workers. ‘ACEs’ is on everyone’s lips. What will that mean?
- From CAMHS to a multi modal approach, find out how client-responsive and multi-disciplinary frameworks can make a significant difference to service users
If trauma can be passed from one generation to the next, so can healing. This event effectively provides two days of training on how we can progress from trauma informed to trauma responsive. It will delve into attachment theory and look at case studies giving first hand insights into real life struggles and how to overcome them.
Full programme and more guest speakers to be announced soon!
- Tier 1 Early Bird rate : £ 150 (Sold Out)
- Tier 2 Early Bird rate: £175 (Sold Out)
- Tier 3 rate: £195
- Tier 4 rate: £225
- Full Price: £245